Effective Since: February 15, 2018
Pronouns Used Throughout
- I, My: Refers to Sagnik Sarkar, the person behind sagniksarkar.in.
- You, Your: Refers to any person accessing sagniksarkar.in.
- Who I Am
- Particulars of Information Collected
- How I May Use Your Personal Information
- Location of Storage
- Your Right to Access Your Personal Information
- Your Right to Update Your Personal Information
- Your Right to Terminate
- Your Right to Be Informed of Breaches
- Sharing of Information When Required by Law
- Your Right to Be Notified of Changes
Who I Am
I am Sagnik Sarkar, a lifestyle blogger. sagniksarkar.in is my lifestyle blog.
Particulars of Information Collected
What Personal Information I Collect & When
- Your First Name & Email Address: Only when you sign up for my newsletter or fill out a form.
- Your IP Address, Submission ID of Form & Date and Time of Submission: Only when you fill out the Request Personal Information or Update Personal Information Form.
How It is Collected
- You provide me with your First Name and Email Address when you sign up for my newsletter or fill up a form.
- The Request Personal Information or Update Personal Information Forms automatically:
- Records your IP Address
- Generates a unique Submission ID for you
Why It is Collected
Only for these legitimate interests:
- Your First Name: To personalize my newsletters.
- Your Email Address: I cannot send you a newsletter unless I know your email address.
- Your IP Address, Submission ID of Form & Date and Time of Submission: To maintain a record of your requests under data protection law, for your own safety and later reference.
How I May Use Your Personal Information
Only for these legitimate interests:
- To send you an acknowledgement email when you fill up Request Personal Information or Update Personal Information Form – for your own safety and future reference
- To send you a confirmation email when you sign up for my newsletter – to confirm your identity.
- To send you newsletters from time to time – because you have subscribed to them.
Location of Storage
I store all your personal information in a server in a European Union country.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Information
You may request me to provide you with a copy of your information by:
- Using the Request Personal Information Form.
- Clicking the View My Info link at the bottom of the confirmation email and every newsletter.
Your Right to Update Your Personal Information
- You may request me to update your information by:
- Using the Update my Personal Information form.
- Clicking on the Update My Info link at the bottom of the confirmation email and every newsletter.
- I shall process your request as soon as possible, at most within 7 days of your request.
Your Right to Terminate
- You are free to unsubscribe from receiving my newsletters at any point of time.
- You may do this by:
- Clicking the Unsubscribe Link at the bottom of the confirmation email and every newsletter
- Going to the Unsubscribe from Newsletter page.
- If and when you unsubscribe, I shall delete all your personal information or anonymize them.
Your Right to Be Informed of Breaches
In case of a breach, I shall notify you by email within 72 hours of the breach coming to my knowledge.
Sharing of Information When Required by Law
- In certain scenarios, I may be required by the law of the land to share some or all of your personally identifiable information with certain third-parties.
- The retention and use of such information is governed by the applicable law and internal policies of such third-parties.
I shall not share your personal information with any other third-party.
Your Right to be Notified of Changes
Latest Version: Version 2.0
Version 2.0: Effective since Feb 14, 2018. Made the following changes to attempt to bring this Policy in alignment with the upcoming EU GDPR:
- Added Contents and Back to Top links for enhanced readability
- Added how the processing of your personal information is on the grounds of legitimate interest
- Added European Union location of storage clause
- Added Quick Links
- Amended my email address
- Deleted provisions for third-party transfer to Gmail during newsletter delivery – because I now use my own domain to deliver you newsletters
- Reduced limit for data breach notification from 7 days excluding weekends to 72 hours after identification
- Simplified the Particulars of Information Collected clause
- Simplified the process of updating and requesting your personal information by creating forms for this purpose
- Updated the list of the classes of personal information I may collect, legitimate interests and possible uses for your personal information
- Updated the methods for updating and requesting your personal information
Version 1.0: Effective from Feb 13 – 14, 2018.